When I checked my photo albums I realized that this was the last shooting that I did with Madame Ilary before the pandemic wave started. One week after this shooting we were highly recommended to stay at home and to work from home before the big lockdown. It was almost two months ago. It was still cold in Milan but sunny enough to warm our hearts and souls, ready for the spring to come.
Now spring is here and we cannot even enjoy it.
I called it the blue outfit because that day I mixed some of my favorite pieces in different shades of blue:
- Dark navy for my beautiful pompom sweater, a piece from Sézane archives that I grabbed just a few weeks before the Covid-19 emergency;
- Classic blue for a very special vintage 60s coat that I bought during my first Vinokilo event in Milan, in December last year. When I put it on me it looked like it was just made for me and I got it for less than 30 euros!
- Metallic blue for this pair of AMAZING Frida boots from Miss L Fire: I have been chasing them for a while because I loved the color and the vintage style…I still cannot believe that I put my hands on these wonderful boots!
- Velvet navy for this old Madame Ilary handmade turban made of soft velvet with a plexi button, that she created for me years ago. I still remember that she gave it to me before a night at the theatre and I wore it immediately!
- Navy denim for these lovely culottes-jeans, from an old Massimo Dutti collection;
- Vintage navy for this cute vintage cross-body bag that I got during a super sale weekend in Turin at Humana Vintage.
Golden earrings are handmade from Metalica Creazioni.
This is where I left my life before Covid-19, I wish I can reboot from here, hopefully soon, with a new blue outfit. Prayers.