Winter sales started about two weeks ago and I am just in time for the second round of further reductions when we can really grab some interesting bargains!
You know that I love mixing vintage with designer and high street so the sales’ season is perfect to buy some trends of the season that we can easily mix with our vintage pieces, or maybe some retro inspired pieces.
I chose 7 key pieces you better buy now before they sell out:
- Colored faux-fur coat: 70’s were the big trend of the season and we saw a lot of fluffy colored coats in the windows of our town’s shops. Well, it’s time to grab one for yourself: faux-fur coats are warm and they never go out of style. You can buy a retro inspired piece or go for a vintage one but always prefer faux-fur to real fur…we love fashion but we also love animals, don’t we? (The yeti coat in the picture is from Patrizia Pepe’s old collection)
- Redingote coat: it is a classic bon-ton chic retro piece that will live forever in your wardrobe! It’s not easy to rock, especially if you are a curvy girl like me but some have great shape like this one I picked up from Max&Co.
- Culottes: my big love! I have them in many colors, lengths and shapes but I never get tired of them. They are perfect to replace the boring trousers in our smart office outfits and they can add an incredible retro touch to every outfit. You can easily find many different models in your Zara store at ridiculous prices right now (less than 20 euros!), like the navy one in the picture below.
- Palazzo pants: a classic vintage piece from the 40’s to the 70’s the palazzo pants are one of my favorite pieces of this season. The retro effect is immediate when you wear them, especially in a typical man pattern like the Prince of Wales. Here again, you can easily find one like the one below in your Zara store but, unless you are very tall, don’t forget to wear it with super feminine heels!
- A long circle skirt: maybe it is not one of this winter trends, but I just fell in love with this green one from Max&Co. If you are not tall enough to pull it off (like me!), you can go for the shorter version like I did! In any case the skirt is amazing and with a long (or knee-length) circle skirt your retro inspired outfit is already done!
- Ankle boots: this is an evergreen, at the point that you are allowed to buy a new one at every winter sales! This year the must-buy ankle boots have killer heels but they are super comfortable because of the platform and they are from L’Autre Chose. If you really don’t like ankle boots any other heeled shoe from this brand is perfect LOL (Yes, I am a L’Autre Chose shoes addicted!)
- Hat: yes, one of my addictions! Vintage is better, handmade is great but whatever you decide just allow yourself a new hat, turban, headband or headpiece, you deserve it! (I can’t remember the brand of the one worn by Cara Delevingne in the first picture of this post but I loved it so much that I thought it was perfect to use it here!)