Nubian Queen, that’s how I called this set of pictures and for many reasons:
1. Nubian is the off-the-shoulder dress that I am wearing (from Nubian Collection);
2. I am also wearing what I call “my crown”, one of my beautiful turbans; this is handmade from Madame Ilary (as most of my turbans!);
3. I still have my statement golden loops;
4. I am in my beautiful hometown, Messina; But…most important reason is number 5
5. This set of pictures is very important to me because it reminds me of a very sh*tty day that turned into a very positive one with a super powerful message.
Here is the story: very sad and toxic phone call (the last one with an awful man), I am feeling frustrated as usual but I know that I cannot do it anymore. I decide that I need beautiful things to make up my mind and I start looking for my Senegal pictures on my phone but I found these. I looked at them and really felt like a queen. I just said to myself “Angela, look at you, you are stunning”! That self-love expression gave me everything that I needed: the force to mentally kill the awful man…in fact, that was the last call!
So proud of me, Queen!
(Shoes: Swedish Hasbeens; Moroccan straw bag: Maluan Maroquinerie on Etsy)