When I saw this little vintage silk dress full of colored daisies on Vinted I madly fell in love. The pattern and the shape were so cute and unusual that I didn’t think twice: I made an offer to buy it. The transaction itself was very pleasant: the French girl who sold it was having a huge clear out with her sisters and she told me the story of this dress that was coming from their grandma’s closet in Normandy. When I received it, it was even nicer than in pictures and the silk was fantastic, I couldn’t be prouder of my vintage find!
It was so easy to style it, because the print made it all: I love when dresses can be so easy because they really go with everything and for every occasion: I wore it for the first time at the office, then I wore it for an aperitivo with my friends and now I am wearing it for a second hand shopping session in Milan on a Saturday morning.
I wanted to re-create a vintage 50s style, even if the dress is a late 70s piece. This is a clear example of the fact that you don’t need to wear clothes of the 50s to create a 50s style: not only the dress is from another era, but also the other pieces that I am wearing here are not pieces from the 50s:
- The golden chain belt is a vintage piece from the 80s that I found at Bottega Rossa in Milan;
- The daisy earrings are deadstock pieces from the late 60s that I found at Sabrina Manin Vintage in Milan
- The Yves Saint Laurent golden sandals are a vintage piece from the late 80s found at Bivio in Milan
- The green rattan bag is a vintage piece from the 70s found at A rebours Vintage in Milan
- The handmade turban is a modern handmade piece from Madame Ilary
Could you tell?
Imagination is the only criteria to create the perfect vintage style of your dreams!