One of my favorite spots for retro inspired clothing and accessories in Milan is the lovely Atelier in via Col di Lana 8 (in a beautiful Milanese court) called Bloody Edith. There are many reasons why I love this place:
- The owner and founder of Bloody Edith is one of the most adorable vintage ladies I have ever met;
- The retro striped tops and other handmade 50’s inspired pieces are to die-for;
- The shop itself looks like a retro paradise with vintage and feminine pieces everywhere;
- The atmosphere: more than a shop I would say a vintage boudoir;
- The Thursday Riot: about every month this boutique turns into a vintage party venue, with drinks and snacks but, more important, with a “vintage” guest for customers’ pleasure!
The last Thursday Riot event hosted the lovely Valentina from Déjà Vu Vintagepedia, one of my favorite vintage jewelry seller, with the best vintage European and American pieces and amazing bakelite jewels.
It was great to spend time with the girls (and Madame Ilary who celebrated her birthday there!) and to meet new “vintage ladies” who tried with us almost all the amazing vintage necklaces and earrings from Déjà Vu! Even if I was distracted by vintage jewelry I couldn’t help falling in love with the new trousers and shorts (in perfect 50’s style) from the winter collection, and to keep my love alive for the striped sweaters (I was thinking of starting to collect them!).
I tried to take some pictures of the event so that you can understand what I mean…and visit this adorable boutique as soon as you can if you haven’t done it yet!
As for me, I can’t wait for the next Thursday Riot at Bloody Edith (and to get my next striped top!)
I wore Sportmax coat, vintage French beret with vintage hatpin from Tricia Leonard in Munich, Muji preppy scarf.